Total Pageviews

ASDa

ADadAD

Friday, June 3, 2011

"We must be brave, play to be protagonists and attack"


What Copa America do you imagine?
I see a hard fought Copa America and thanks to the high level of the national teams in general. All teams will put on the field the best, because the qualifiers are also about to start. The Cup will be one where each coach can also view the players in a longer period and see immediate results from training.
You played three Copa America's, 1995, 1997 and 1999. What do you remember most and why?
All I bring very special memories, is the closest thing to a World Cup that you can compete with the national teams. But I think the first I played in Uruguay, was the most beautiful and meaningful to me. It was my debut tournament with Colombia, and was certainly a dream coming true. I took a lot to have lived in Bolivia and Paraguay, but I get what I experienced in Uruguay, there I learned many things and then put into practice with great success.
How comes Colombia to this Copa America?
Colombia comes with good individual players, who compete for major tournaments and who are lucky enough to have an excellent group. Is not installed the feeling that we have a team. There is still no structure in the team, which will be imposed by the coach and we have not seen that he gave it because he is going through a moment of doubt. We know we have great figures, but have not yet seen a way to make them work their best.
What message would give Jorge Bermudez for the team?
The message I'd give to Hernán Darío Gómez and players is that they know that the Copa America is the best opportunity to demonstrate the path followed by the World Cup. We must be brave, play to be protagonists and attack, because this has always been characteristic of Colombian football, but that was lost it 12 years ago and as a result we got out of the last World Cup.
What do you think about the group? Do you have any rival in particular to win?
The rival to win is our own greed, which for some moments, has been commanding our football. Although the group is difficult and has Argentina and Costa Rica, growing teams of good level, but I say that if Colombia be dedicated to playing football, believe in our style, in wanting to do something big, and with the tools to do, it could face any rival with merits.
Goes through your mind to be the Colombia's coach someday?
It is one of the goals I have as a coach, I aspire to that, but for now I prefer to put out. Who is inserted into the world of football and the coaches, they dream of some day being able to put into practice, by the effort of their work, all the experience you have acquired for the benefit of our football.
What team will be the revelation of the tournament and the best player?
In my heart, I wanted Columbia to be the revelation, but talking out of my desire, I think the national team of Peru will be a great rival in the Copa America. I see a commitment to work very seriously, they have players willing to win and a coach with great experience. My best player is divided between Chile and Uruguay. I believe it is Luis Suarez and Alexis Sanchez, players with expression in football and much discretion.
What is more beautiful about defending your national team in the field?
The most special and significant thing is that you are defending the honor and the colors of your land, you're putting the shirt of your country. It feels as unique as those who live in a few circumstances in life. Wearing the flag is a dream that every player has since childhood, so the challenge is so beautiful, 11 men with similar ideas, which are there to put Colombia in a privileged place.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | hostgator reviews