Total Pageviews

ASDa

ADadAD

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Daniel Alves: “I believe Barcelona is unique. Same way the Brazilian national team is unique”

Since Cafu retired the Brazilian national team, Brazil’s right defender spot started to be disputed by two great players: Daniel Alves and Maicon. In the pasts lists of the coach Mano Menezes, the Barcelona’s athlete have been the chosen one. However, despite the regularity and the great exhibitions with the yellow shirt, Dani Alves does not consider he owns the position.
In a very relaxed talk, the player of the Spanish club, that in the last season conquered the main titles of Europe, talked about Brazil, Neymar, Messi and his old place in the national team: the polyvalent.
- Of the current group, you are one of the reminiscent of the 2007 title. What is the secret to be on the national team?
The secret is to do everything the same way. Do your best your opportunity. I was lucky to do my best, scored a goal in the final and I do expect to repeat it.
- In 2007, with fought for the spot with Maicon and later you ended to the in the first team in another position, how was that experience, in Venezuela?
It was a good experience. The team worked very well. I had the opportunity of entering and participate of the final match, scoring a goal. It was fundamental to my continuity in Brazil.
- Today, you are the first option and Maicon is running after it. Do you consider yourself the owner of the position in this team?
Never considered myself as an absolute. I’m having the chances and I think I’m doing great. I believe I am corresponding the expectations. I hope to keep doing always my best in the possible ways.
- You scored the last goal of the Copa America, in 2007. Did it had a special taste to win the title against Argentina, of the friend Messi?
Any title for Brazil is special. Doesn’t change much is the other team is a rival or not. Now will be at their home and I hope to have one more chance to be in the Copa America’s final.
- Current two time champion, Brazil is the biggest favorite? In which team do you bet in this Copa America?
Of course any competition Brazil participates, it will always be one of the favorites. But you have to show it in the field. There are lots of national teams with condition to do a great Copa America. Paraguay, Chile and Uruguay, that played the last World Cup. But of course everybody believes that Argentina will be in the final, because it is the hostess.
- Brazil did not win any big teams in friendly matches with Mano Menezes. What the team must do to win Argentina in an eventual confront? You will play against some teammates, as Messi and Mascherano. What do you must do to stop Messi?
We don’t know who we are going to face. We have to respect all teams. And also think about all confronts. If this match happens (Argentina vs. Brazil), we will play it normally.
- What changed from the Dunga’s team, which lost the World Cup, to the Mano’s?
Every coach has his way to work and see football. Both coaches have the same goal: make Brazil play and win. For some, Dunga pleases, but for others Mano is the right choice. We, players, have to adapt ourselves to all coaches and styles.
- Which national team gets closer to Barcelona?
It is a different way of playing it. There’s no way to compare. Club is club, national team is national team. I believe Barcelona is unique. The same way Brazil is unique.
- Does your playing style change a lot, comparing to your position in Barcelona and in Brazil?
No, is doesn’t. The concepts are the same. What changes is the tactical plan and the players.
- Who is fighting with you to be the official free kicker of the Brazilian national team?
I am one option. I want to be clear that I am just an option. If I have the opportunity I will try to help getting the victory. I respect the command. And there is no official free kicker, at least for now.
- Messi or Neymar?
At the moment, Messi. For verything he did and won. Neymar has a brilliant future and if he keeps this way he will be of the best in the world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | hostgator reviews