Total Pageviews

ASDa

ADadAD

Monday, May 2, 2011

Antonio Valencia:

 
With his relentless ride on the wings, has earned not only respect but the first team place in a team like Manchester United and also has become the emblem of this renewed Ecuador. Antonio Valencia is one of the main attractions that Copa America has, and his football is one of the highest hopes of his team to be the best in the continent for the first time in its history.

You look really recovered from the terrible injury you suffered, how are you at this crucial moment of the season?
I am very happy with the recovery I've had of the injury, because it was something very serious and fortunately two months ago that I'm back to the team. I recovered 99 percent of my ability through the rehabilitation and that Manchester plays games all the time, which gave me more chances to catch pace soon. I finish the season in the best possible way, much better than I expected.

Has it changed much since coming to Manchester?
I changed a lot as a player but especially as a person. So much so that when I was in El Nacional had to fear getting on a plane and now I spend my time traveling all over to Manchester. On the field I can say I'm much calmer, more thoughtful than before, and that helped me to improve my level. Without doubt, I'm very happy with what I achieved in my career, but I need to learn much more, both in football, and personally.

How comes Ecuador to Copa America?

With a new process that has many faces that have revamped the roster and have combined to lead Ecuador to continue growing every day. Naturally when we start a cycle in the early stages with Professor Rueda (Reinaldo) we know what they want from each one. We are on the right track and I have great faith that we will do a great job.

What do you think of the arrival Reinaldo Rueda’s to the staff?
We can contribute much to our national team because the curriculum in his career so it say. Comes from doing a great job in Honduras, where he qualified for the World Cup after a long time and knows how the difficult is the South American Qualifiers. I believe he can do a great job and can lead Ecuador to Brazil 2014.

What did the coach told about what will be your role on the team?
I asked nothing unusual on the contrary, told me he wanted me to do the same thing I do in my club. The times we talked he was very calm and told me to work very hard and everything I do is for the good of the team.

Be the first Ecuadorian player to play a Champions League semi-final, and with great chances of being in the finals after a 2-0 won by Manchester United in Germany is another accomplishment that makes Valencia is in the history books of football in his country. However, the number 25 of the Red Devils does not feel the referent in his national team: "There are many major players in the national team. I am not referring anyone to play in Manchester, just work to add my bit for the group and pass on my experiences to young people. In addition, there are many great players and that gives me confidence for what lies ahead. "

Looking a bit to the Copa America, how do you think will be the group that you got?
I have no doubt that the Copa America is more complicated in recent years because all the teams will have their best in the tournament. About our group, we must face three very great teams. Brazil, which together with Argentina is one notch above the rest, has outstanding players and it is always a candidate. After Paraguay, who has done a great World Cup in South Africa and in recent years has become a choice respected throughout the world, and Venezuela, which has been the fastest growing in recent times. So I think we should go game by game because thinking beyond maybe playing against us.

What is the purpose of Ecuador?
We want to be protagonists, be fighting the top. Hopefully we can make the qualitative leap in the Copa America and fight it until the end. We have a great quality in our squad, with players who mostly play abroad, and this is a great tournament to start forming the base to the World Cup Qualifiers.

There are many players playing at a high level in Europe ...

(Interrupts) Players who are abroad are doing things very well and it is helpful to the team. Cases such as Felipe Caicedo, who is scoring a lot in Spain, Jefferson Montero who is growing every day, and others, such as Montano made a great South American U-20, make Ecuador to have quality and quantity to face the next challenges. Moreover, in Mexico there are many players in top level so we have a great base to get into the fight.


The good work being done in the lower divisions makes Ecuador has qualified for the Under-17 and U-20 world cups. To what do you attribute this breakthrough?
For me it has been a key the measure taken by the President of the Federation (Dr. Luis Chiriboga) to force teams to play two players on court. I was lucky to watch the World Cup qualifying for both teams and their performances were very good. In the country the team which more works the youth teams is Liga de Quito, which has long given priority to young people.

What adds to the host of the Cup being Argentina?

It is a great ingredient because Argentina is a way of life. The passion that has its audience gives it a great flavor to the Cup, is an audience that knows a lot about football and all the time encouraging their team. If we add the players going to dispute it I have no doubt it will be a very great Copa America.

Although he does not say, Antonio Valencia will be one of the illustrious names that adorn the best teams in the continent contest. All Ecuador will be encouraging their team and excited about his talent. A talent that transcend barriers and took him to the elite of world football...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | hostgator reviews